**Moments in the Word consists of ten individual devotional thoughts based on various passages of Scripture. Unlike many devotional formats, I’ve chosen to omit contemporary parallels and anecdotes in favor of reflections focused directly on the Word of God. Each devotional begins with a passage of Scripture, which is followed by a 500-word reflection and a prayer.
Individual devotional titles:
- Banquets of Insignificance – based on John 6:5-9
Theme: To do my best with what I’ve been given
- An Analogy of Salvation – based on Philemon 18
Theme: We are guilty, forgiven, accepted
- Looking Busy – based on Mark 13:32,33
Theme: Encouragement to make the most of our time
- Life’s a Rollercoaster – based on Mark 8:8,9,11,31; 9:2-4
Theme: How Jesus handled life’s ups and downs
- Limitations – based on John 5:2-9
Theme: God’s power is without limitation
- Recognition – based on II Kings 5:2-4
Theme: Let it be enough that God sees the good we do
- The Danger of the Familiar – based on Mark 5:15-17
Theme: Danger of missing the best because we’re more comfortable with what is.
- Billowing Robes – based on Esther 8:2,8,15
Theme: How determined are we to do the job we’ve been given to do?
- No Bridge to Canaan? – based on Numbers 11:1-6, 14:2
Theme: All about grumbling
- Selah – based on Matthew 27:39-40, John 10:30, Matthew 28:20
Theme: We weep at Christ’s agony, tremble at God’s awesome power, rejoice in His promises)
**NOTE: This collection of my devotional thoughts is also available as part of a complete devotional volume in collaboration with five other Canadian Christian authors, and is titled: Uplifting Devotionals III, published by Helping Hands Press.
The other authors who contributed to this collection are Marcia Lee Laycock, Tracy Krauss, Murray Pura, Ruth L. Snyder and Tony Hilling.